Tuesday 19 August 2014

Tonight's dinner: Bake Salmon and Mix Veg. 
I'll need to work a little on my soup though. Although I make soup almost every week, it somehow lacks taste. Although I'm glad to say K makes no fuss over it. Previously, I put too much water in the pot and I've reduced the amount. But the soup still doesn't taste as flavourful as I would like it to be.

When we go marketing this Saturday, I'll get some dried red dates, honey dates, chick peas and see how my soup making goes. If you have more soup ideas, please share! :)

3 comments:

  1. Get some dried scallops too... usually 1-2 pcs will bring out the flavours. Sometimes when my soup is too bland, instead of adding more salt, I'll throw in some chicken feet. I have a recipe book on chinese double boiled soup, can pass to you if u like.. i usually get inspiration there and change the main ingredients from chicken to pork vice versa. I don't own a pressure cooker, so I let the soup simmer for 2-3 hours.. I think with the pressure cooker or thermal cooker that u have is easier. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh thanks! But when? Lol....

      Delete
    2. YoU let me know which weekday u not working.. or weekends also can la.. We let the kids have play date

      Delete