Thursday 7 August 2014

The company had a farewell party yesterday evening at a pub, some walking distance away from the office. Our table consisted of the HR & Admin department as well as some ladies from Finance and Purchasing. It was fun! I started off with a Lychee Martini followed by Magnus' Apple Cider. So the hubs had the evening bonding with his little girl and I had mine, taking a break from home duties.

I have hardly or dare I say, not touched alcohol since I was expecting K. Ok, this is not including the awful taste of DOM that I had to drink during my horrible confinement month. Having said that, I was telling the hubs quite recently that we should start with some DOM every evening, hearing that it is supposed to be good for the body. I still have 2 or 3 unopened bottles at home!

Anyway, before I digress any further, I do not drink now especially with K around. I am afraid I get too woozy to take care of her later. Whenever we go over to the Victor's, there is drinking involved and of course, the hubs being the better drinker, is allowed to do his social entertaining. I restrain but then again, of course I do not hold my liquor well.

Oh well, that's a fun night and it's back to the grind today.

2 comments:

  1. I don't fancy the taste of dom on its own but I love it with some of the dishes I cook. Give it a try. Of cos not suitable for K. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If not suitable for K, then can't do for now. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete