Thursday 22 May 2014

I've caught up with a couple of my ex-colleagues over lunch ever since I joined the new company. And it feels good to know that I've been missed and that I made a little difference during my 3+ years of service there. Hopefully, when I become fully independent with the impending departure of my predecessor, I create a positive impression here too.

On the home front, things have been going well. M is away on a holiday to Perth with her friends this week and the house is more peaceful, in a way. She can be very noisy, the way she bangs the lid down on the milo tin, the way she opens and closes the sliding door of her wardrobe, the volume of her radio.....the list goes on. And this week, we need not close the door of our bedroom and enjoy the cool evening breeze while we sleep.

However, K has been a bit of a challenge this week. Not sure if she is tired from school activities or really hungry when she reaches home. Not once did she not cry during the past 3 days. Of course they all started with her being a little too cheeky and getting scolded by either one of us. She has also started throwing tantrums by throwing things on the floor. I'm not going to be too hard on myself because they do all go through this phase. It's how the parents discipline the children to ensure they 'grow out' of this phase. Of course, we do not entertain her tantrums and we do smack her. Either on her hands or legs. I'm even toying with the idea of getting a cane for her! It need not be used but just wielding it should bring some fear to her!

No comments:

Post a Comment