Friday 16 September 2016

I experienced a heart-stopping moment while walking to meet the hubs and K at IMM after work today. I was on the bridge leading to the mall when in front of me, a mother, I assume, was shouting at her 3 year old son.

Well, he looks slightly younger than K and thus I'm assuming he is 3. I literally stopped at my tracks and turned around to see if anyone witness what I had. I was at a total lost to what I should do. The boy was crying throughout and that probably irritated the mother. He could be whining incessantly. I do not know but what I saw was something no parent should do regardless.

She really smacked the boy hard across the face until he fell and she continued walking, pushing a pram. He stumbled and chased after her and then she shouted at him and held his neck up at stranglehold. And dropped him. Later she threatened him and said she will throw him down the bridge. The big guy who was walking just behind me just walked passed. When she reached the entrance of the mall, she turned around and glared at me. Thankfully, I looked away and looked at my watch just before looking up and saw her. She turned away because I am guessing she thought I was looking at them still.

I told the hubs what I saw when I met them. He asked why didn't I video it. Honestly, I do not agree with all those video uploads on social/media platforms. All the condemnation but what good will it do? It's just to satisfy or appease the person who uploaded the video or photo, in my opinion. 

After dinner, we walked over to Daiso to look for something and then, we heard shouting from 1 of the alleys. The hubs and K happened to beside it and the hubs knew from the instance when the mother slapped the child, it was the same woman I was telling him about. The hubs commented that the mother really did not hold back her strength. When I witnessed her 'abusing' her child on the bridge, I was so tempted to ask if I could bring the child away until she has cooled down and then she can get him back. But...how does one react/respond to such situations?

Many a times K irritates the hell out of us too but the most we do is scream at her and for me, I'll bark at her and smack her. Parenthood is definitely a test of patience which the hubs and I are so lacking. I pray to thank God everyday that K is so forgiving and forgets. As much as I lament how fast she grows, I need to remind myself constantly that this too will pass....

No comments:

Post a Comment