Wednesday 13 July 2016

What an eventful start to the working week!

On Monday, when it was pouring, the wedged shoe that I was wearing decided to open up. I felt the shoe getting lighter as I was walking in the rain, towards the train station near home. Thankfully, God sustained my shoe till I reached the office in the downpour and I could change into my pair of slippers, which I have in the office. So, I went home in said pair of slippers at the end of the working day.

And on Tuesday, after reaching home from zumba session in my office building, I put the laundry to wash before taking my shower. When I came out from the bathroom, the 'laundry area' had so much water that it was ponding. The water was leaking from the tap area again. Again, I had to switch off the main and the hubs, who was already lying down with K, was activated to fix it. The hubs, who is not a hands-on man in any manner, tighten the metal connector so hard that it broke. 

So the laundry was left in the machine and since it was late, we planned to buy a new connector the next day and if the tap area still leaks, send the wash to the laundromat. Thus, K's bedtime was delayed in the event because we had to mop dry the area. Thankfully, the machine is sitting on a kerb.

Well, thankfully, that's the last of our ordeal, or mine rather. 

And since the hubs was meeting up with a friend who migrated to Australia with his family later today, I suggested dining out. We had dinner at a western style cafe nearby and then came home to have the machine or rather the new connector fixed back to the tap. Thankfully, the hubs managed to get it done and we had the wash up and running. When the leak happened on Saturday, the hubs suggested buying a new washing machine. But being the miser that I am, I was reluctant because I know washing machines do last for quite a long while. Especially if the tub cleaning function is used regularly. Anyway, I'm glad we do not have to spend that money for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment