Friday 8 July 2016

K's room has so many toys and books that it has literally become a playroom. Although she hasn't been gifted much toys recently, there is no more space in her pink bookshelf to store books that we are happy to receive as hand-me-downs. In fact, last Christmas, she received so many presents, it's astonishing. She was also gifted with so many bags that they are still wrapped up! But we are of course not complaining.

I felt that it is time we let go of some her toys. Her toddler toys, that is. No doubt they bring back so many memories and being good quality toys, they are all still looking as good as new! So, with the birth of her new baby cousin, I asked K to set aside the toys that she no longer wants to play with and would like to pass on to her cousin. These were what she chose. Yes, the dinosaur seems to be the odd one. Lol.
My eldest SIL kept 1 or 2 toys that Tim and Bev used to play with when they were toddlers and they still work so well! In fact, K played with the same toys when she was being looked after by the eldest SIL. That's the difference between cheap and quality toys. You really pay for what you get. Cheaper toys will probably last a year or less? 

Would I keep any for memory's sake? I would love to but which one? Would you?

2 comments:

  1. Hmm..maybe i shld keep too..u know my mum actually kept some of our baby and toddler clothes..in great quality! Jazlyn wear some of them even..soo memorable..rmb seeing my sis wore it last time..clothes qualities nowadays not so comparable or gd and turn yellowish easily..urghh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow.... Ya, maybe I should keep 1 or 2 smaller ones...those that do not need the battery. :)

      Delete