Thursday 7 July 2016

K's school had a 1/2 day closure on the eve of the Hari Raya ph and with the 3rd SIL working, I decided to take the full day off to spend time with her. I haven't been spending much quality time with her, with me always seeming to have a million and one things to do. The hubs took the day off as well!

After the mandatory laundry in the morning, the 3 of us went to the National Museum because I read that there were some fun activities going on for the kids but boy, were they over-rated. We were in and out in an hour and continued our next tour to KidStop. We parked the car back home and took a bus, just 2 stops away. Yes, we were back in the west. Finally, this time we were not disappointed.

I remember bringing K here on Children's Day last year, failing to realise all schools had their day off as well and the morning session was full already. This time, we were able to get tickets for the afternoon session and had so much time before it started that we had a leisure lunch at the cafe and walked over to Science Centre to take a look. 

While some exhibits did not impress K, it did impress the hubs and I. Like how we wanted her to put on the pilot's jacket  to take a picture in the cockpit. She was really more keen in the supermarket set-up, the climbing structure and the lego section. I climbed twice with her and am amazed how some parents who were bigger built than me could go through the structure. Some parts were really a bit of a squeeze. K climbed up on her own for the 3rd time because I couldn't anymore. We spent about 3 hours there and with the affordable off-peak entry fees, I can see myself bringing her here more often in future.

On the public holiday itself, we had Macdonald's breakfast, did some grocery shopping and then banking. We were at the mall for so long, we had lunch there too. But otherwise, we were back late afternoon, rested.

It has been a good midweek break. I even had time to apply mask on my hair! Now, it's back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment