Tuesday 10 November 2015

We had an enjoyable long weekend, with a staycation back at Festive Hotel in Sentosa. 

We checked in after church on Sunday afternoon and despite the long queue waiting to be checked in, the wait wasn't too long, thankfully. After coming out from the room's bathroom, the Victors gave me a surprise when I drew open the curtains to the balcony to 'hunt' for K. Gaye had made me some muffins and then a while later, the hotel surprised me with a cake, which we did not touch at all. 

The 2 dads and 3 girls went swimming while the 2 mums sat on the deck chairs. My menses had to come at the time when I really wanted to swim. What a bummer. I had really wanted to stretch the back of mine. Oh well, another time it has to be, for some water therapy.

And then the hubs treated us all to dinner at Hard Rock.The Victors couldn't stay the night as Kenneth had work the next day but we could tell he would have really love to. 

Yesterday morning, we brought K to Port of Lost Worlds but she wasn't too enthusiastic about it because I think the water play area was a little too much for her. I had to walk with her around the pirate ship but it still didn't do enough to entice her. There were, thankfully, other activities for her to take part in. But we've got 1 more voucher and I am looking forward to playing at the water play with her next. Mind you, there are parents who spend the whole day there with their kids! After about 2 hours, we returned to the hotel room to wash up before we took the monorail to Vivo and this time, we have Jeremy and Ivy stay over for the night.

The eldest brother has not step foot in Sentosa for at least a decade and since it's the public holiday the next day, I thought it nice to invite them over. Besides, the room in Festive is a family room with a twin sofa bed and bunk bed on top of the usual queen size bed. When we returned to Sentosa, we took a tram ride to the other parts of the island and then brought them back to the room to rest, while waiting for Bev to come over. 

We were out again when Bev arrived and had dinner, followed by a stroll through the resorts. Sentosa has changed so much and it's really different now, when you step into the resorts part of the island. 

I had a quiet birthday but would not have wanted it any other way, especially when I have my love ones with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment