Thursday 26 November 2015

And so, everyone except the FIL is confirmed for the family road trip. I have been on a road trip with the youngest BIL, 1 of their Nepali cousin, a friend and MIL to KL/Genting before we were all married. And another one to Malacca when I was expecting with the MIL. If there is a big group, I'm fine but I do not want to be in a situation where it's just the MIL. And this coming Malacca trip is a first with the 2nd BIL, his wife and the youngest SIL.

The hubs had created a group chat on Monday, asking if the 2nd BIL and wife were interested to join us. Although the youngest BIL and us would still go ahead regardless. The hubs mentioned in the group chat that he will book the hotel rooms on behalf of everyone first which I wasn't too happy already. Whenever we travel with friends, each family book their own room because for the simple fact that there is monetary transaction involved. There is no need to ask and recover later on. He accepted my explanation on this thankfully.

And then after that, the hubs messages me to say that he will be paying for his 2nd brother. I say whatever for?!?!??!?! And then what? Food and drinks as well? Sure, they are now depending only on the 2nd SIL's salary but why? The hubs replies to ask how many times have we paid for them. I asked him in return if we should even pay for them in the first place? He is an able bodied adult who I do not know if he is even actively searching. Sure, he met an accident which injured his hand but that was last year and all I know is, he can still play the x-box for hours. Once even, fracturing his thumb. I wouldn't have mind paying for the PILs but not someone who is capable of taking care of himself! What do they call these people? Free-loaders?

And of course, he's the hub's brother so he gets away with it. Anyway, being me, I had to mull over it and then decided, guess what? We'll go ahead and pay for the rooms for everyone. Technically, it'll be just 3 rooms as the FIL has not reverted and the MIL has been assigned to share the room with the 2nd BIL and wife. Of course right! The 2nd BIL and family had been more than hospitable to us during our 2 month stay at their home and did not want to accept a single cent from us. So, what does the 2nd BIL deserve that the youngest one doesn't? So case closed. We pay while we can still afford it and thank everything for the lovely currency rate.

I did tell the hubs to inform everyone that we'll bear the hotel cost but we are not going to provide food and drinks as well! So he cleverly group messaged that the both of us are giving them an early Christmas present and will pay for the rooms and that they are to change more RM for dinner and drinks. 

At the end of the day, I feel a load off and actually happier. Hopefully, this road trip doesn't have any drama.

No comments:

Post a Comment