Wednesday 28 January 2015

As my work load has returned to normal, my mind started running with a different kind of 'stress'. Which, kept me up till almost 1 am this morning! Yes, unbelievable! I was thinking of what to do for K's 3rd birthday! Lol.

I have made up the guest list, well sort of because I only want it to be with friends and the hubs asked how about his family, which in turn had me asking him if I mentioned anything about mine. So, NO family. Just friends and their altogether 10 children. Although there are only about 3 other kids around K's age.  

So what can I do to ensure that the bigger children will have fun as much as the 4 younger ones? Do I need a theme then? When we attended Shereen's birthday a few weeks back, she had a Frozen theme party with the costume and yellow braided hair. K is still very much into Elmo, Barney and the likes so no frozen theme for her here. Besides, she's still a toddler. Not big enough for Frozen yet! But I liked that the Pannu's hired a balloon sculptor and face/body paint artist albeit for an hour each.

We're probably going to take the cue from them to hold the party from 3-6pm, tea-break time so to speak. But I am not keen to hold it as the Victor's club, which is the far away Changi Beach Club. I don't mind the suggestion of booking a bungalow chalet at the NSRCC but we've terminated our membership already. I remember the only times we booked it were for Ivy when she celebrated Clayton's first few birthdays. If we do manage to get a holiday chalet there, I could split the birthday into 2 days. 1 for family and the next for friends.

What cake shall I get for her? Barney or Elmo? What items for the Barney pinata which we have bought? What to buy for the goodie bags? Now I know why they said to plan at least 1 month ahead. I do hope everyone who will be invited will turn up. If you have any cheap and doable ideas, please let me know. Meanwhile, I'll be googling.

No comments:

Post a Comment