Sunday 11 January 2015

I've been so busy at work that I've to neglect my blog for a while and I'm just going to do a quick update before work beckons me again.

We were in Phuket last Thursday and came back today, hotel stay compliments of the Victors. The hubs and I were not too keen on the trip initially but Kenneth kept saying that he wanted to do this for the hubs' birthday as the hubs' has been Kenneth's bff for the longest time and especially since their only son passed away early last year, Kenneth really wanted to show his appreciation this way.

We sort of enjoyed ourselves, sort of because the hubs and I are different kind of travellers from the Victors and Salahudeens. There were 4 families who traveled together for this trip and the Victors and Salaudeens are the sort of travellers who like to soak themselves in the pool for most part of the day while the hubs and I are the sort who like to visit places. We concluded that going on staycations with them would make better sense so in a way, we are sort of deciding probably no more overseas holidays with this group of people.

The hubs brought K to braid her hair when we were at Patong Beach. K, who still dislikes the sand between her toes, stayed on the beach mat the whole time we were there. When we stepped onto the beach, she removed her sandals after the initial steps as the sand were getting into them and then she started walking with her toes curled. It was a funny sight. I guess we need to bring her to the beach more often.

We returned to Singapore on the morning flight while the rest took the noon flight. I had wanted to come back earlier so we can get settled in as it was back to work/school for us tomorrow and also allows the hubs and I time to unpack and for me to do a little washing. On our flight back, Bev was on board and was she surprised to see us! Her little cousin was so happy but thankfully, knows that Bev is working so pretty much left her alone. 

Now, as a family of 3, we can pretty much go on holidays on our own and have a swell time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment