Tuesday 20 January 2015

Conversations with K

This happened a couple of weeks back, when we were in the car with K being her usual chatty self and talking to me while I was giving her the usual obligatory answers like 'em, Oh, Yes and so on'. And then what she said next made me laugh.

K: Mummy, listen to me!
Me: I am listening to you.
K: But you are not looking at me! Look at me, Mummy!
Me: Ok, Ok, What do you want to tell me? (Turned my head to look at her)

K took a purposeful turn to look out of the car window and starting talking gibberish. This tod knows what she is doing! And then she giggled! *faintz* As if it was tit for tat!

Yesterday evening, while cooking, a big drop of steaming hot water dropped onto my arm when I lifted up the cover of the rice cover. Both the hubs and K heard me cringe and while the hubs asked if I was ok, K quickly ran to the kitchen and asked if I was alright. She instinctively opened the drawer where I kept the oven gloves and made me wear them! She said:'Mummy, wear this ok then you won't burn your hands.' 

When I recounted what she did to the hubs moments later, we were quite amazed that she knew where the gloves were kept! And her actions were so automatic! Like she knows exactly where everything is kept in the kitchen.

Days with K. How'll I'll miss them.

1 comment: