Wednesday 24 December 2014

We went to the restaurant at the Marina Bay Sands for departmental dinner yesterday evening. And because the hubs had his company's Christmas party, he was not able to pick K up and thus, at my Manager's suggestion, K was the special guest for dinner. 

The food spread was fantastic! But unfortunately my tolerance to something which I ate, wasn't. Within an hour or so, I felt my face feeling hot and thought that it could be the alcohol in the food. Shortly after, my body started itching. It was definitely not the alcohol but a food allergy and there were mosquito-like patches on my temples and parts of my body. My manager suggested that I go see consult a Doctor straightaway and my colleague so sweetly accompanied me and K although I had arranged to meet R at the clinic.

During the not so short wait at the Doctor's, the itch and swells subsided but I waited for my turn anyway. According to the Dr, the allergy could be due to additives or the usual suspects of crustaceans. I had 3 oysters, 2 mussels, some fresh prawns from the cold section and it has never happened before. When the hubs met me, he said I'll probably need a jab but after the wait, I was almost afraid the Dr can't find the spots anymore. Lol...

Anyway, we are supposed to have a Christmas barbeque at the youngest BIL's home this evening but the hubs received a text this morning that says that dinner has been cancelled as the SIL has been admitted to the hospital as her waterbag was leaking. Oh dear, I hope she and the foetus will be fine.

3 comments:

  1. Did you have an allergy reaction to alcohol before?

    Oh no re your SIL, when is her due?

    ReplyDelete
  2. EDD's early May so that makes her about 4 months. When is your EDD?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my so was it really her waters leaking? Hope everything is ok.

    My edd is july

    ReplyDelete