Tuesday 23 December 2014

Project: Lake District

We formalise the sale of our flat today! Finally, I can reveal the big project. As usual, I kept it under wraps as I didn't want to jinx it and end up feeling so excited and then nothing happening.

We have been looking out for a bigger place, not that ours is puny, for a while. Before K and then it sort of died a natural death on the birth of K. Especially since we had to travel between the east and central part of the island at that time. Sometime in late August or September, the hubs mentioned to me about a unit he saw on-line and then I decided to take a look and found another potential unit.

Long story cut short, we viewed the flat and somehow felt quite comfortable with it. Unlike previous bigger units that we have viewed before, this one didn't give me a half-hearted feeling. And the fact that it was fairly bare, with no built-in cabinets except in the kitchen was a draw. I don't like how some flats have built in everything which will likely become passe and have to be torn down.We made an offer within 2-3 weeks after the first viewing.

Which means, we have to sell our flat too. So, in came Zul, and I must really give him credit. Within the first day of listing, we had 2 viewers and the first made an offer but we were not ready to move out so fast. In less than 1 month and probably almost after 10 sets of buyers, our flat has found her new owner. There was 1 evening, we had as many as 5 sets of buyers viewing our flat!

The hubs was initially worried that we can't get a buyer so fast but I guess where we are staying is the selling point in itself and the fact that it is bigger than most units these days made the sale easier.

I am looking forward to the bigger unit at the soon to be developed 'Lake District'. And at the same time will miss a lot of what I've been used to especially since this is our first matrimonial home.

1 comment: