Monday 3 November 2014

We invited Jeremy and Jerry's family over for dinner on Saturday evening and it started early when Jeremy and Ivy arrived at 4ish. The 3rd SIL arrived later with the 3 kids as Jerry had to work. While K had fun playing with Esther and Gideon, I was busy in the kitchen.

I prepared chicken stew earlier and then left it in the thermal cooker so when it was about 5ish, I started on the Salmon Fish Head curry and Stir-fried Mix Vegetables. The hubs' 'contribution' of the oven baked nuggets was the much needed addition to the 3 dishes. I was so busy that I forgot to take pictures of the food! *bummer*

Jeremy commented that it's been a long while since they've had my cooking and went on to say that it's been a long while since I cooked! Which of course, I needed to correct him and I can tell he was impressed. Lol. Anyhow, I was so tired when they left that I did not bother to mop the house! 

And yesterday, when we came back home from church, I took a short nap with K before I mopped the house. And in the evening, we invited Zul over for dinner with the hubs cooking this time but it was a much scaled down affair as we had chicken stew and the curry from the night before. 

A nice change to be staying at home, but just as tiring, especially with the haze level threatening to go up again. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment