Friday 1 November 2013

I'm in a little bit of a fix. I received a call yesterday afternoon from one of the childcare centres that I've placed baby K on waitlist in. It belongs to a chain of childcare centres and the branch that was offering us a confirmed slot was nearer home, is non air-conditioned and charges half of what I'll be paying compared to the one that baby K will be joining come January. 

Few months back when I called them to check on our status, I was told that our queue number was less than 20 and the centre at the PIL's old place was under 40. With the numbers looking like these, I didn't think baby K had much of a chance to be enrolled in either one so we went ahead with the new operator. Some of the main reasons why we did were because we were comfortable with the staff and that the school was new. However, I still don't like the fact that it is air-conditioned.  

The hubs passes by the school everyday when he travels to work and back home from work but it's pretty much out of the way for me. So I'm hoping he will be able to send baby K to school everyday and pick her up at least on most days. 

Nevertheless, in order to confirm a place for her, we had to make full payment and I do not know whether they will refund us the entire amount even if we give them advance notice. The incumbent school is only able to offer baby K a confirmed slot in February and when I told the lady that we're actually hoping for January to start, she says she will call me back again next week after confirmation from another parent.

The hubs doesn't seem too keen to make the change and says baby K is comfortable with the existing one. I think he's just being lazy as it'll take a bit of work to get whatever we've paid for to be refunded. Besides baby K is comfortable almost everywhere. She has not even started school so, one can't really tell yet right?

I've been telling the hubs that I would like to make the change and he says to wait till the lady calls me back again next week to decide. At the mean time, I guess I can only pray for God's wisdom to guide us to the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment