Friday 8 November 2013

I met the hub's ex-SIL for dinner yesterday evening. I got to know that she is expecting a baby girl on FB and messaged her to congratulate her and who knows, she replied and we started chatting. And so we caught up and I gave her a little gift for her baby. It's good to know that she's doing well and happy with her new marriage. Of course, the hubs need not know about my meet up with his ex-SIL.

Anyway, another childcare centre called me yesterday to offer baby K a place from as early as December. And after deliberating, the hubs and I have decided to stick to the one that we have registered baby K with. I hear of feedback that says the anchor childcare centre only teaches the child motor skills, which I am glad to say, baby K has mastered most of the basic ones and is really not too difficult to teach at home. A colleague tells me too that the same childcare operator that her son goes to, does not provide potty training and expects the parents to do it at home. When you are a working parent, the only time you have with your kid/s is not time you want to spend pulling hair and being frustrated. 

Although we rejected the same centre that the nephew in law attended when the youngest BIL and family were staying at the PIL's much earlier due to it seemingly being overly academic, I still prefer some form of curriculum that allows baby K to learn not just through play. When the idea of sending baby K to a childcare centre first appeared, I thought that any childcare centre is ok. The responsibility still lies on the parents to teach their child and that was what I had intended to do. But reality is, how much time can we afford when we only have time with her from 6pm-9pm on the weekdays and then the weekends, which we would likely go out. So, having a balance would be of course perfect. We as parents, would still be responsible for bringing her up to be a fine Christian lady.

So, our mind's settled. And pray that baby K would move on to this new transition with ease.

No comments:

Post a Comment