Saturday 11 August 2018

We celebrated National Day at the Victor's with the White mom and daughter. Since it was pot-luck, my safest bet was shepherd's pie with a mix of potato and cauliflower since I couldn't decide. The Victor dad picked us up at the train station below the White's block and we all went to the Victor's together.
This is a rare time I get to sit down and enjoy the entire segment of the parade. We have been doing it at our home for past years and because I needed to 'entertain', I never really had a chance to sit down undisturbed. And since none of my other brothers were going to Jerry's when his wife sent out the invite, I didn't want to go either. Anyhow, it is a nice change.

And on the day after National Day, we had to take the day off because the childcare centre was closed. I made plans with the girl's ex-childcare mate and her family to visit the Bird Park. Since I thought we would have an extra 'ticket' with the hubs' corporate card, I decided to invite 1 of the girl's childcare mate along. She has been to our house twice or thrice and is fairly well-behaved. Since her parents don't seem to be able to afford much days off and on hearing that she will be going to the nanny's, I asked if she would like to join.

So, this was what happened:
Weather was nice, girls behaved and I think we all had fun especially the water-play that they were all looking forward to. They even had a chance to feed the lory birds and caught 2 bird-shows. But the poor hubs had to rush off for a 4pm meeting at the workplace.

Back home, I made the 2 girls take a nap, which surprisingly they did and for at least an hour. I made dinner for the girl and I because her classmate's mum was going to cook. 

We had quite a rushed dinner and then went for her replacement HYPY class, only to see that the centre's door was shut! Yes, the hubs had mistakenly informed me when the replacement class is actually on next Friday!

And today, after ballet, we went straight to M's home to celebrate her 79th birthday! We were all present except for the eldest brother and his family. We had dinner at the coffee shop below her block then proceeded upstairs for cake-cutting. 

Another busy weekend, make it a busy long weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment