Tuesday 14 August 2018

Monday morning was a busy one for me. 

We had to consult the Dr the evening before because the hubs was feeling like crap since the morning and then started having fever of 38.5 so we decided to go. I was pretty much left alone with the girl while the hubs slept the day away. Somehow, she wasn't in any mood to eat, which was so unlike her! I even had to make her finish up the filet 'o fish from Macs.

Despite her not having an appetite, she could still cycle. We were out for an hour and when we came back, she had a quick rinse and I told her to lie on the bed while I take my shower. She appeared sleepy too but I wasn't sure so I told her to just lie on bed and she do not have to close her eyes if she doesn't want to nap. When I got out from the shower, she was asleep.

I was feeling bored with 2 of them asleep. I had planned to take a walk to the next school option to gauge the proximity but nope, didn't happen. I was just lying around on the girl's pull-out bed and answering messages from the girl's ex-childcare mate's mum.

So long story cut short, the hubs was diagnosed with Influenza A, very likely contracted from the girl's ex-classmate's sister who had it just 2 weeks ago and was still coughing when we went to the bird park on Friday. The girl was feeling feverish when she got up and was whining so I decided to bring her to the Doc as well. Her temperature was 38.5 too but thankfully, she didn't have to go through the same test for Influenza as her father. The test involved pushing a long cotton bud like stick into the back of the nose. Damn, it hurt because the hubs actually had to get the Dr to stop twice? The girl, on the other hand, had slightly inflamed tonsils.

So back to Monday morning, the girl still felt feverish and I gave her a dose of paracetamol. With old and young down, there's no way I can go to work so I decided to lie down for a bit more. But who would to know, the girl didn't want to lie down and could even take her ukelele out to play. So I decided I do not have the luxury of leave days and decided to bring her to school and then go off to work. And boy was I efficient. We were out of the house slightly before 9am and I reached work before 10am. Which surprised my boss because I had  informed her earlier that I wasn't going in. Phew, 1 leave day saved!

After lunch, I had to repeat the registration process for the girl yet again and then at about 3pm, met a buyer from carousell who bought over the Rapunzel banner and a pack of Rapunzel balloons left over from the girl's birthday. Glad I manage to offload them!

No comments:

Post a Comment