Thursday 30 August 2018

I brought the girl to observe a swimming lesson on Tuesday evening, after our dinner. I had googled and managed to find out that there are lessons on Tuesdays at 7pm and 8pm as well as on Wednesdays. As the girl has art lessons on Wednesdays, Tuesdays would make a better choice.

On top of swimming, the girl has also asked for piano lessons. Wahhh....where got time? Mind you, she has not said to stop going for any of her other classes. Although she does say at times she doesn't want to go for ballet, but after attending the day's lessons, she cleans forgets about the earlier self-doubt. Times when she doesn't want to go are times when she is feeling lazy.

When she was about 5ish, she would say no whenever I suggested sending her for any lesson and it always ends up with her liking them. It got to the point where I was quite fed-up, because I am impatient, and told her I will not ask her next time and she will just need to follow because she will end up enjoying the classes. But then again, with busy Saturdays like now, I dropped the idea of any other additional classes.

That is until our dear little friend asked for swimming and music lessons. 

Having 4 more months left of this year, (WHATTTT?!?!?!) I figured heck, just send. Let her swim for the next 4 months, then stop for primary 1. If she decides that she can still manage the evening lessons after school, she will let me know if she is still keen. As for music, I will arrange for a trial at a school that her classmate is attending and see how she likes it.

My only thought is if I should have start her off before she turned 5. Now? It's like there is not enough time!

No comments:

Post a Comment