Wednesday 8 August 2018

This little fellow came into the house yesterday. I was retrieving my towel from the balcony when I spotted something black despite it being dark outside. I had thought it was a moth initially and I sort of flung the part when it was clinging on and it landed on the balcony floor. And who would to know, when I switch on the balcony light, it was a baby bat!
The hubs was clueless, as always, what to do with it, how to handle it. And I needed to bathe desperately after yesterday's workout. So I said I would settle it after my shower. Just as I got into the bathroom, I heard the girl scream and then moments later, I heard the master bedroom door closed and then more sounds coming from the dining room. The hubs is out there, I will not go out. Let him handle whatever is going on out there.

After I came out from the shower, I saw the girl crouched on my bed, terrified. And the hubs came in to say the bat was flying around but he has lost track of it. Well, he said it flew to the the side of the shoe cabinet and 'disappeared'. So the very brave but also very emo me, such an oxymoron, took aside the bag of items meant to be donated when the next donation drive comes around from beside the shoe cabinet and found the little thing huddled in the small gap beside the cabinet and a stool.

The hubs, having watched too much tv, shone his torch continuously on the bat, claiming that they are afraid of light. Eventually I used his shoe horn to move it out of the main door through the gate. And then it flew off before we could even open the gate to take a video of it. Such drama...lol...especially from the girl who was screaming almost hysterically.

On another note, a sian note.....we did not get a slot in the school of our choice for the girl's Primary 1 balloting. This pushes us to the last phase for Singaporeans. We were already at the last phase. Now we are the supporting last.
Nevertheless, we are going to put her on waitlist in the same school and another. And the registration process starts again on Monday. Hiazzz....

No comments:

Post a Comment