Monday 12 June 2017

Instead of a Monday blues, a lot of us in the office had a 'wake-up' Monday when the charming Norwegian chap who is Manager of our local office announced his resignation and had to leave immediately. It's easy to fall in love with this guy. He is so personable. Now, everyone is hoping his successor is just like him.

On another note, the baking tin that I ordered on-line for our air-fryer arrived today! I only placed the order last Thursday. It looks exactly the same as the one that came with the air-fryer though. I guess I should now line it with foil or baking paper to prevent rough washing from the hubs. Even the innerpot of our rice-cooker wasn't spared but thankfully, not as bad. Check out the used and new version.

I also picked up some clothes I had bought on-line from the store, back at the building where my previous office was. I think it's pms. I bought some clothes for K too last Friday from H&M. Momentary joy.

In the evening, I also managed to hand-over K's balance bike to a buyer and met her and her son at Chinese Garden train station, carrying the clean shining red bike on 1 hand and holding K's hand with the other. Not bad, I only put it up on Saturday.
The hubs wasn't too happy because he said he had promised his 2nd brother that he will pass the balance bike to his baby nephew. But I told the hubs that I feel that they do not deserve it. It just seems that things they receive are of no value to them. The youngest SIL had passed them her son's cot and the 2nd SIL's son is not even 1, they are giving the cot to someone else. Same goes to the stuff I've passed them. A friend had passed them a food steamer and not even a year old yet, they have passed it down. The SIL commented to me why do they seem to be in such a hurry to 'get rid of things'. 

They are celebrating their son's 1 year old birthday this Saturday. It makes me very curious because they have quite a guest list while for the MIL's joint birthday with another relative last month, this same BIL told the 2 brothers that he will not be able to put in his share because of his situation. Aka not holding a proper full-time job. 

We actually bought the boy a gift for his birthday but I guess, I'll keep it for Christmas. Like what the youngest SIL said, just give them ang-pow. Anyway, the money from the sale of the balance bike, I passed it back to the hubs...since in his own words, he bought it.

No comments:

Post a Comment