Monday 10 April 2017

Few weeks back, a team from HPB was at K's childcare to conduct eye-checks, weight/height checks etc. It will be a yearly program from now on, similar to what we used to have in primary school last time. 

After the checks, we were given a letter recommending that we bring K for further eye assessment and according to her own words, her left eye was blur. Coincidentally, her good friend's right eye was blur too. The boy's mother and I exchanged several text messages and we rescheduled both our child's appointment but not on the same day. We were initially given a morning slot but preferred the pm slot so we can have the rest of the 1/2 day off free.

So, K's appointment was for today and she was showing signs of anxiety when we walked towards the room for her further eye checks. She has no idea what to expect and asked if they were going to inject her eyes. (!) When her number was called, she had to go in alone but it was what I had imagined. She will look through the eye-check machine for a more comprehensive reading. I could see another child in the room too but was going through another test. After about 10 minutes, the staff brought her out and told us, K's eye-sight is normal. Phew....although I was hoping that the school check was simply being cautious, I sort of resigned myself to the fact that we may need to get prescription classes for her. After all, it is genetics too.

I asked the staff why was it that the school check recommended that we go for further assessment and was told that it could be due to several factors. Like distraction. I would say influence, more like it because the other child went for the eye-check first and came out telling her his right eye was blurry. This I clarified with her. Anyway, at least our fears are now allayed.

Anyhow, since we have taken 1/2 the day off and the check was done very fast, I already made prior appointment at the hair salon and off I went while the hubs spent time with the girl. While they were at the library, the hair-stylist told me that she had some time and was able to do K's hair and so they joined me and K had her hair cut. I feel that she looks cuter with short hair but too mature with long hair so I had the stylist cut it. The hubs later told me that K kept looking at herself in the mirror at home and commenting that her hair is so short. Lol.

I spent 5 hours at the salon and by the time I reached home, the hubs was already patting K to sleep. I've made another appointment at the salon and this time, to colour my hair. It's been more than 6 years since I've done so.

No comments:

Post a Comment