Saturday 15 April 2017

Being the Good Friday week and having to take 1/2 the day off on Monday to bring the girl for her eye assessment made the week feel even shorter. 

The hub's bff asked us out to dinner with another 2 families. One of which is back on a holiday from UK where the husband is from and another is actually is a senior girl from my alma mater who has just returned from the States with her family. Initially looking forward to it, I didn't feel like going in the end and besides, being the non-social person that I am, felt that I hardly knew the 2 ladies which is true. So after dinner with us yesterday, the hubs went on his own. By the time he left the house, it was almost 8pm. Too late for K by then because she would have to report to her bed by 9ish.

This Good Friday morning, like every other Good Friday, we went to my father's grave in memory of him. It was just M, the eldest bro and his wife, the hubs, myself and K. For a moment, we were just looking at the tombstone when K asked what were we doing there. Hahahha...my father passed away at 51 years. Still young. 3 of my brothers are past that age now. 

We went for lunch after that and all went home after because we all felt so tired! 

In the evening, M came over to join us for dinner and I steamed promfret, stir-fried beef with carrots and fried 1 veg. Good thing we had M over because the promfret was so big that I had her bring the balance home and she said she will mix it for her lunch porridge the next day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment