Monday 20 February 2017

And so by now, you would already know I was away in Bergen, Norway the week after CNY ended. And yes, that was also the reason why we bought the suitcase, which ended up too big for my petite self and I ended up using my good old made in France Delsey. I have to say it here because I didn't know or forgot that my suitcase is actually made in France and not China, India, Thailand etc. Wahhh...like that, just keep and continue hoarding la! Lol.

My boss went ahead of me on Saturday early morning to attend a HR summit back in our hq while I flew off early Tuesday morning and joined her for a 2 day HRIS presentation and then we came back together on Friday, late afternoon, Norway time.

It was negative before I went to Bergen and reached zero degrees when I landed. It was a free day for me on Tuesday and Friday and thankfully I hooked up with the HR lady from Philippines. I actually enjoyed myself with her, her boss and a few seafarers who happened to be at the hq for a 2-week training. Norway is expensive and not a place I would revisit on my own.

I did try whale meat though, on my last day there. It's like the beef of fish but very low in fat and high in omega-3, I was told. 
 I think I will no longer try to attempt long haul flights. It's a 13 1/2 hours flight to Amsterdam and another 1 1/2 hour flight to Bergen. So yes, I spent 15 hours flying and my back bore the brunt of it. Despite not shopping in Bergen except for the customary magnets, chocolates and cheese, I did some good shopping in Schipol airport. :)

The hubs, K and my eldest bro and his wife picked me up from arrival and it felt like I've been away for so long when technically, it was only 4 days including Valentine's! 

Good experience really. Especially since I've never been to a Scandinavian country before. I'm thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment