Tuesday 31 January 2017

Happy Prosperous Lunar New Year! 
How did your CNY celebration go? Let me recap ours.

The hubs and I were off work early on the eve of CNY and I went home first to change the bedsheets and put the curtain to wash before picking K up but thankfully the hubs called to say he was off work too and will pick the girl up. So I was able to do more chores around the house.

The eldest brother and Tim came by about 4ish and together with the hubs, they went to pick up curry fish head for our family reunion dinner. They swung by again to pick  K and I up because I had made jelly desserts for the dinner. The 3rd SIL said there were going to be a lot of food so my contribution was fine. The guys, from the brothers to their sons played Monopoly before and continued after their meal. They had such rousing fun that it was such an endearing sight to behold.

On the first day of the CNY, I cooked a pot of Olive Fried Rice and with the jelly dessert I made the night before after returning home from my family's reunion and brought them to the in-law's place. The Uncle's wife and another auntie did some cooking at the in-laws but I was so glad I brought food because it was walloped! And the new found sea jelly dessert I made was well received both at my family's reunion as well as at the in-laws, that the hubs requested for me to make some more for the 3rd day when we have 2 families coming over to our place.

We went back home about 3ish, made K take her nap and then the eldest brother and his troop arrived abt 4ish for CNY visitation. Our first guests. Lol. Shortly after K woke up from her nap, we trooped down to Jerry's. This year, they were heading to the 3rd SIL's hometown on the 2nd day of CNY so M was able to host guests at their place. Last year, we hosted because Jerry and family went off earlier. Again, we had dinner there.

For the 2nd day of CNY, it was church in the morning and then back home for the father and daughter to take their nap. I have asked the hubs' youngest Nepalese Aunt to come by our place about 4pm before we proceeded to a relative's open-house together as she now stays about a 15 minute drive away. But she reached at almost 5pm, citing the long wait for the bus. 

This year, another family took over the hosting at their landed property. The girl was having so much fun playing with all the jie-jies that they even brought her to a nearby playground. Again, I felt so neglected because the hubs sat at the table playing cards as soon as he walked into the house! I Always get pissed off with him when we have any gatherings at their relatives. His mother, who appears so sickly will also find herself a seat at the table. And I end up not liking any of these gatherings. I had to make it so obvious to the rest of the relatives that 'I' want to go home when it was getting late and he 'has' to. And I am sure none of them have a good impression of me and that's his doing so I really do not care anymore about how they think of me. Because there's nothing I can do about it right.

And finally, on the extra day off that we have, we picked M up from Jerry's and went to visit my Godmother. We had lunch there, stayed a while and left about 1:30 because we have invited 2 families over.

We are hosting CNY lunch on the last day of the Lunar New Year but these 2 families are not able to make it, so I made arrangements for them to drop by on the 3rd day instead. I allowed them to play with K's kinetic sand at the balcony and it was still quite messy. So when everyone left, the OCD in me had to wash the balcony and thankfully, K had help with tidying up her playhouse and I still ended up moping the entire house. Point to remember, Do not let the kids play with the sand during our open-house. Let the mess be contained in K's playroom, which already can be quite bad. When we had our 'house-warming' a year + ago, the entire lego set that my eldest brother bought for K and fixed by my nephews & nieces were utterly destroyed and remain so in the box. :(

Anyhow, that is the 3 days of our Lunar New Year celebrations. I hope you had a great time catching up with relatives and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment