Tuesday 10 January 2017

The youngest BIL text me before lunch to ask if there would be any plans for the hubs birthday. I replied no but can be arranged. So he said he will check if he can get off and will let me know. I have no plans at all for the hubs' although he took the day off but we did have plans to eat out and I've asked him since yesterday to let me know where he wants to eat.

In the afternoon, the youngest SIL confirmed that they can meet us at my requested time of 6:30pm. And so the hatching started. Since the hubs could not decide where he would like to eat, I made the decision, bought a small cake and brought it to the restaurant first. The hubs and the girl arrived a little after 6pm and I did a purposeful walk into Isetan while the youngest BIL and his family arrived and went to the restaurant first.

The youngest BIL had called the 2nd BIL but he and the baby was sick. According to the youngest SIL, her husband had wanted to call their mother but changed his mind because the FIL's brother from the UK is in town. So, the hubs' birthday dinner was just a cosy 6 of us, the way I prefer.

I paid for dinner, although in reality, didn't had any plans to surprise the hubs but he was happy, thinking that I planned it all. If the youngest BIL had not messaged me, it would have just been dinner for the 3 of us. And so since we had company, we had more food choices.

The 3 of them came up to our place after dinner and I passed the NIL his belated Christmas present, which he liked very much, thankfully. It is a Star Wars jacket. By the time, they left it was almost 10pm and I still had to do the laundry. But I shall not complain. The hubs spent his birthday day alone and even washed the master bathroom. 

Happy Birthday to the man who tolerates me so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment