Wednesday 9 November 2016

So yes, I turn a year older but hopefully look years younger la! 

Anyhow, we all slept in today with K, being the champion when we had to wake her up at 9am. While I was putting on my make-up, the hubs and K came into the room with a lovely cake and sang me a birthday song. When I came back from pilates yesterday, the girl couldn't control her excitement and told me that 'daddy has a surprise for you and has hidden the surprises!' She then led me to the kitchen, hovered her hand outside the drawer where surprise number 1 was kept.....it was the cake knife and candle. Then she moved her hand to the fridge and said 'daddy kept another surprise here.' Lol....why are they so cute. The kid, not the father.

So this morning, the girl had a big slice of cake before we sent her to school at 10am, before the hubs and I went to JB, to change her pair of sandals. After which, we drove up further to a mall that we used to visit quite often last time and my, what a big change it has under gone! We did some shopping there and reckon this will be the place we'll go to, our next JB trips.

We drove back mid afternoon because Tim had asked us out for dinner, a birthday treat for me and we didn't want to risk getting caught in the jam. We got home, rested for a while, well, at least the hubs did. And we picked the girl up before we made our drive to meet Tim.

We took a walk at the nearby shopping mall after dinner before we sent Tim back and at the same time, sprang a surprise on the family. Tim had opened the door but instead of walking in, we sent K in first while the 3 of us waited outside and then we could hear the joy and excitement when they saw the girl, who they were so used to seeing everyday during her 1st & 2nd baby years.

We sat for a while before leaving because it was well, getting a little late. Well, another quiet birthday, but honestly, I won't want to have it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment