Saturday 3 October 2015

I went for my last and hopefully, final, session of physiotherapy yesterday. The pain that went away ended up with me having pins and needles on my right foot the whole day. A month or so back, when I consulted the GP for flu, I asked him about the symptom at the same time. He sent me to get an x-ray done. And long story short, here are my x-ray result. Please do not get distracted by the background. Lol.
If you observe, the bottom lumbar vertebrae has very little gap in between. Unlike the top rows, which is how it should be. Thus, they are pressed down against each other and affected a nerve. Thus explains the pins and needles I experienced. The hub's youngest SIL seem to have it worse than me although it seemed to happened at a similar time, when we were staying over at their place. She has since gone for physiotherapy, to the chiropractor and now acupuncture but not before she went for numerous TCM massage sessions. Me on the other hand, only went for 2 session of TCM sports massage. 

Each session at the physiotherapist, which my boss recommended, lasted about an hour. I am put on a traction machine, which resulted in me being in so much pain after the 1st 2 sessions, then I lie down on a heat-pad. Thankfully, after the 3rd session and nightly stretches, I'm getting better! After the 4th session, the physiotherapist told me that he'll give me open-dated appointments, which are cheaper, and to return when I feel the pain again.

Now I force myself to do stretches every evening when I lie down with K. The traction machine managed to open up the tight space between the last vertebrae and so with exercise, hopefully the muscles around that area is strengthen to maintain the space so that it doesn't press down on my nerve. I've also bought an electric heat pad to ease the pain by lying on it for 30 minutes every evening.

Thankfully, I do not get those irritating pin and needles and so much of a crampy feelings on my right leg as much as before. Now I value so much, the ease of walking without pain or discomfort. I am thankful that I have not reach the stage where I need to consult different practitioners in the hope to find the cure. I hope the SIL recovers soon as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment