Sunday 13 September 2015

We had another additional public holiday this year. In addition to the National Day's celebration, we had Friday off for polling. The day before, the hubs had suggested asking Jeremy and his family over for dinner, as well as Jerry's. So after we performed our national obligation, back at Redhill, we went for breakfast, marketing and then to the supermarket. 

Dinner wasn't fantastic, unfortunately. It was my first try at beef stew but I will try it again. I was having a headache and did not have much time to prepare. But the stew turned out great the next day! Time really makes all the difference. Thankfully, the family were very forgiving and thankfully, it's not that the food was beyond consumption.

The hubs and I then stayed up to watch the election results, although he caught 40 winks in-between, and were up till 4am! The results surprised everyone and I believe for the ruling party as well. But all is good, we have a stable government and all that we had wanted was a few credible opposition voices.

We didn't do much on Saturday thankfully. After breakfast at the market area, we brought K to the playground with the plan to sort of tire her out so that she will take her afternoon nap. Thankfully, she did and also yesterday. I hope I don't jinx it by saying it. In the evening, we went for peranakan buffet at the invite of the Victors.

Today was the usual lunch after church and then back home. While I cleaned and mopped the floor, I allowed K to watch a show but the quality was quite bad towards the end of the show, that she switched it off herself. Lol. After that, I went through some activities with her and am a little upset that she is not consistent with recognising her alphabets. A younger girl in church seems to know all her letters although she can't really speak. K, on the other hand speaks fairly well but is not consistent in recognising the alphabets.

At 1 point, I raised my voice a little higher and the hubs woke up from his nap. And then he took over and went through writing 'a' and 'b'. He had bought an activity book where the child can follow the outline of the alphabets and learn to write. Another child I know, of K's age, can already start writing her name! Anyhow, I hope we do not lose patience with K. I know a lot of times we tend to forget she is only 3. I hope we can make it enjoyable for her and not end up with causing a negative reaction from her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment