Friday 4 September 2015

The work week after our trip kept me so busy that I had no time for anything else. Thankfully, I could still leave office on-the-dot. And because I needed to take a day off today as K's school is closed for a Teacher's Day D&D, I had to get my pending work all cleared so that I can have a peaceful 'long' weekend.

I had plans for today. But this clueless mummy was caught unaware that probably all junior schools and childcare centres are closed today because of Teacher's Day. After breakfast, K and I took the bus, just the next bus-stop down, to Kidstop. A new spot for kids 18 months - 8 years. But by the time we arrive, the morning session was full already and I didn't want to go back again in the afternoon. I had to assure K that we could return anytime as we stay so near and asked her to count how many bus-stops did we have to pass. I will definitely bring her again, when there is another centre closure at her school. 

And so, I decided to bring her to the water-play area at IMM and we walked all the way from the Science Centre through the happening shopping centres, past the spanking new hospital only to realise the last bridge connecting the building to IMM was blocked off. Yes, there is direct access from Jurong East MRT station all the way to IMM. Talk about accessible! Anyway, it was a long walk and we stopped by the Starbucks in the hospital to reward K with a cake of her choice and a drink for me! There are numerous play areas in the shopping centres that we walked through but because I wanted to go to Daiso in IMM, decided IMM it is. But what luck we had! The water-play area was closed for a major renovation! And so we spent time in Daiso and more than an hour there! But I did reward K with a play dough set with cookie cutters.

We took the bus back home, bought lunch back and what was supposed to be nap time became another 'tug-of-war'. My child, no longer takes her afternoon naps at home! Thankfully, the hubs came home early and spent time with her so that I could cook dinner.

Tonight's meal:

No comments:

Post a Comment