Monday 21 September 2015

K saw her first flow of blood this morning. After the hubs had showered her, somehow a small bottle of body lotion which he wanted to put back in place toppled his bottle of perfume in the vanity cabinet of the common bathroom. I was bathing when I heard the shattering glass. 

Seconds later, I heard the hubs' stern and loud instructions to K NOT to step where the glass is. And then she started crying. And I reckon she was crying from his panicked tone rather than from the blood. Of course, I had to be summoned right. Getting dressed while your skin is still damp is really quite a challenge especially if you are not putting on something 2 sizes bigger. 

I got out, carried K from the hubs as the entrance of the bathroom had become dangerous ground. I quickly brought her over to the master bathroom, rinsed her down once more, concentrating on her feet, where a glass shard had cut with the blood flowing out constantly. I was trying to comfort her at the same time and thankfully after about 3 minutes later, the flow slowed down and when it stopped, we had to convince her to let us place a plaster.

The hubs, who used to plan events, panics whenever something happens to K. I had to tell him to imagine he's alone because he would be shouting out to me and causing more tension. I, on the other hand, or so I believe, am the calmer one. I did not utter a single word at all and quickly took K from him, brought her out and tried to comfort her. I think the hubs' constant anxiety over K always makes the situation worse. Well, at least we should try to pretend everything is ok right. Because when a child starts crying, everything else will seem to go downhill from there.

2 comments: