Thursday 2 October 2014

Conversations with K

Whenever it is bedtime now, K would have so much to talk about while we're lying on bed. And sometimes she sings. In a bid to get her to sleep sooner, I'll close my eyes and pretend to sleep but it doesn't bother her and she'll still call out for me. Last night was no different.

At first I wasn't listening to what she was saying until I realised that she was repeating it to me. When I finally understood what she was saying, it went like this:

K : Mummy, I dun wan my ducklings anymore. I want to give them to the baby. (We visited the hubs' childhood friend on Sunday and the Missus was due anytime, with a big bulging tummy)
Me : Which baby do you want to give it to?
K : That day the auntie.
Me : Oh, the auntie when we went to Uncle Mag's house? (Realised we never did mention the Missus by name, thus she doesn't know)
K : Yes, Uncle Mag's house.
Me :  Why do you want to give your ducklings to the baby? What if you play in the tub and do not have your ducklings to play with?
K : No, I am a big girl now. I dun wan the ducklings anymore. I wan to give the ducklings to the baby.
Me: Are you sure?
K : Yes.
Me : Ok, Mummy will pack them up nicely so you can give them to the baby, k. 
K : Hmmmm...
Me : That's very nice of you to share your things. That's the way to go. :)

K is definitely growing up....too fast for my liking though. :( Now she's been asking to drink her milk from the cup too! Although I must say, for this, we have been talking to her about it. But still, my baby's only 2! Slow down for a bit baby.....Mummy wants to enjoy the stroll with you.

2 comments: