Monday 8 October 2018

The girl's childcare was closed on Friday, Children's Day. While we initially planned for a day trip to JB with the Victors, the husband had a project meeting last minute and the plan was scrapped. And then there was I scratching my head thinking of where to bring the girl.

At first, I asked our neighbour from Redhill but her daughter was performing at the Early Childhood Development Conference and the girl's ex-childcare mate didn't have to face centre closure so I decided to ask her current childcare mate, who almost always ends up at her previous nanny's. 

After her father sent her over, the 2 girls started playing and entertaining themselves while I made lunch for them. After lunch, I brought the 2 of them to the public section of the ECD event and were they spoilt with activities. It was a lot of fun for them and honestly, it was more fun when they have company rather than if I had brought K on her own. They were fully occupied from the time we arrived and were almost the last to leave. This event however would not be so age appropriate when they reach Primary 2, I reckon. So perhaps, I can still bring the girl for 1 last time if I remember next year.

The hubs met us there when his work ended and we brought the girl's K2 mate along for dinner, meeting her parents at the bus interchange at 8ish. This is the 2nd time the girl's friend has joined us and I daresay she looks forward to such future outings,despite me being fierce. Yes, she said that to K.

Ballet class resumed on Saturday after a 3 week break because the community centre had some events going on. The girl didn't want to attend initially and even told the ballet teacher that she will not be continuing. Although a part of me is sad that she will drop it after a year plus of ballet lessons, I am glad she is firm about it. So at least I know she is not making this decision out of pressure from me or the hubs.

And we had fun with the eldest brother and SIL after church yesterday when we went to Little India. The plan was to head to Mustafa to check if they had musical keyboards for the girl to practice on. So we had lunch and a stroll through Little India where we chanced upon the Indian Heritage Centre, which was surprisingly good! What started out as a visit to the toilet, ended up with us spending about an hour there. We took photos with the available props on display and watched a short video on how the local Indians arrived to Singapore. After that we strolled through Little India some more, had coconut drink and finally ended up with a keyboard purchased from Mustafa.

It's fun being tourists and I feel that is what life is all about. Do not be so familiar with the everyday life until you become so bored but rather always go out with an open mind and heart. You never know what you will come across! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment