Wednesday 31 October 2018

I think nothing of 'celebrating' Halloween. It is pagan tradition after all and I told the girl that it is just a silly excuse for people to dress up and scare other people. I am glad that at this point, it is not as commercial as how Christmas has become.

However, we received an invite from the mother of the girl's childcare mate for 'trick or treating' at their condo. Since this could be the children's last few gathering occasions AND the girl didn't have art, we accepted the invitation. There are 3 of them in the host's child's 'inner circle'. Haha. And the 4 of them together were such a handful!

We arrived slightly passed the targeted time to meet at the host's home because we decided to wait for a boy and his family who lived near our block. The host lived on the highest floor and has a balcony that overlooks the inside of the estate. It was quite beautiful especially at night and that was where we spent the whole time while the host and another mother brought the 4 kids out and about the estate.
I had brought a pack of marshmallows that fitted the theme completely and could scorn at those other treats I see that the kids received. Lol..theirs were so mediocre. Hahahah...So when we had different groups of children coming up to the unit, I had some fun giving out the treats.
The girl who stays at the condo will be the only one going to another primary school and I reckon this could be her last gathering with her childhood friends. I wonder how much they will miss each other when they leave the childcare centre. At least for K and the rest of her K2 friends, they will still see each other when they move up to primary school. In fact, 2 of her friends are future primary 1 mates!

I am already thinking perhaps to arrange for a Christmas party for the kids. That could be the final final time. I think the hubs will approve.

No comments:

Post a Comment