Friday 11 May 2018

Wednesday's dinner which I ended up panicking a bit because I did not realise it takes awhile to steam the egg.I need to increase the fire next time. But it turned out beautiful compared to the steam egg I last made in Redhill. It was full of pockmarks then and I reckon it's because I put it in the rice cooker, which was too hot. This time, I cooked it over a wok of boiling water. Unfortunately, the taste was bland because I missed out the salt but the sweet girl says she loved it!
Over the past 2 nights, the hubs and I were catching the Malaysia election with so much interest. I slept at almost 1 am the night of the voting. And it is so emotional, or it could be just me, to see how the entire nation stood up for 1 common goal and toppled the ruling party. When the unofficial results were out, I was so excited for them. And to add on to that excitement, I was busy with a group chat with my ex-colleagues, 2 of whom are Malaysians.

A new era begins by one from the old era. Hopefully, our 2 countries will continue the friendly relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment