Tuesday 29 May 2018

We invited the hubs' family over for lunch today. Only the FIL did not come and I told the hubs perhaps his mother informed him last minute anyway.

Since it was for lunch, I got myself busy from the time I woke up. I had harboured big plans to roast wagyu beef, a pasta dish, cottage pie, fried rice and heat up the fish from yesterday's dinner and bring to boil a pre-packed Clam Chowder soup.
My roast beef looking good
But never made it to the table sadly.

I even had the hubs prepare homemade lemongrass drink yesterday night, when we returned from JB:
It is definitely a big challenge cooking for this people. No pork, no bacon, no mutton and I don't fancy working with chicken. I do not know if they ate their full but thankfully, it wasn't excessively much that was left over.

They stayed till about 4ish and a little after the girl had a headache, likely due to the lack of sleep from the past few days. The MIL was the last to go because there was a direct bus from our place to hers. While she was at our place, she did not fail to go around the rooms like an inspector. I was irritated at 1 point when she went to the balcony, saw the hubs' golf bag and opened something. So I said 'Wah, Mother, you on inspection ah?' Then she mumbled something but at least I let it off my chest. Such utter rudeness! When no one else were in the rooms, in she went and started her inspection! Pfft!

Anyhow, back to the girl who I had insisted to take a shower to cool her body down and then lie down. She was tugging the hair at her top of her head in so much pain and so I gave her a dose of liquid panadol. Thankfully, she took a 2 hour nap and was able to eat her dinner. Her headache was gone by then and I again took this opportunity to tell her that's what happens when she doesn't have enough rest.

Glad we had a lunch invite instead of a dinner. As it was, 12 noon ended up with the brothers coming at 1:30pm. I do not know what else to say. *rollseyes*

No comments:

Post a Comment