Tuesday 24 April 2018

The weather on Saturday was so hot that I could feel a headache coming. I tried to pack in as much work as I can while the girl was away at abacus. The hubs was away for a work event, introducing a new guild house location to the club members. 

As the girl's bed is to be delivered next Saturday, I want to make sure the side that the bed would be at is clean. And there were some more re-arrangements of her toys to be done. How can 1 little girl has so much things?? One of the rare times I had to down glasses of water with ice because I was feeling so hot and bothered by the weather. Thankfully, it rained in the afternoon. 

I was going to stay at home till dinner time but thankfully, a buyer contacted me on a pair of shoes I uploaded the night before. To think that I had wanted to throw it into a bag for the monthly donation drive that comes to my estate. I had only worn it once and I think I must have bought a size smaller thus it was uncomfortable. So happy that it was even liked by a few people and then snapped up so fast!
After handing over the shoe to the buyer, the girl and I went to Tiong Bahru Plaza. I had promised her a toy for a playhouse set she received on her birthday. I had also redeemed $20 worth of vouchers from the HPB app so I was willing to buy it for her. And such luck we had! There was a promotion going on for 2 boxes at $29.90 so I only need to fork out an extra $10, which came from the sale of the shoe. Lol. I have allowed the girl to open 1 box for now. 

And then we went to the hubs' work place for dinner as he was giving the eldest brother a birthday treat. The hubs had also purchased a dolce gusto coffee 'machine' some weeks earlier so my brother was overwhelmed by our or ahem, the hubs' generosity. 

On Sunday evening, the 3 of us took the bus to the PILs and this time was for the MIL's 71st birthday. It's a small do this time, just the family, compared to last year's joint celebration with another aunt. We had dinner at the coffeeshop near their block and then went back up for the cake. The FIL was tasked to buy the cake after the meal. The 2 SIL's are expecting, with 1 delivering in July and the other December. So it's going to be a busy year for this side of the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment