Friday 15 June 2018

Early week, the hubs asked if I would like to have dinner at the Victors on this Hari Raya public holiday or if we should have them over. I was ok with either and then decided that we should host them since we hardly do. So we ended up having them and the Whites over. It wasn't too many people since the White daughter and the elder Victor daughter did not come.

I told the hubs I wanted to try the wagyu again. How could I have burnt it black the last time his brothers came, when I have done it so nicely before!? Thankfully the hubs has some faith in me.
The hubs cut the beef into 4 sections and we served 2. I marinated 2 cuts with just black pepper, salt and rosemary while the last cut was with Red Wine marinate. This time, I put it in the oven for just 30 minutes after browning them. The other dishes were Chicken Pesto Pasta, Cottage Pie with Cauliflower instead of the usual potato and store bought Chicken Keema Wrap, and of course a jelly dessert. The hubs even bought pork trotters in vinegar and 2 portions of it, which eventually had to be kept for another day. 
There I am cooking western and he buys back a local dish! Anyhow, as concerned as I was with the food quantity, everyone had their full and loved the beef so much, I only had the wraps and excessive pasta left over. I always over estimate the portion of pasta to be cooked and threw in the whole pack!

They stayed till about 11ish after the World Cup and thankfully, the hubs had been washing and cleaning along the way so there wasn't much to potter around with after the guests left.

No comments:

Post a Comment