Monday 12 February 2018

Last Friday, a colleague and I were invited to a luncheon at the Tower Club, an exclusive members only bar and restaurant on the 62nd floor and where I had my first lo-hei for the year too. The generous service provider gifted their guests with this for the Lunar Dog year.
And yesterday the girl, sort of, and I baked for the first time ever. I had her help in sieving the flours which got her scolded by me several times. Then She helped to put on the 'ears' and 'nose'. There were some dough left over so I got her to personally make her own cookies. Thankfully, they turned out well and was very edible. It is definitely a boost for a baking idiot like me.
Having said that, how is your preparation for the Lunar New Year? We didn't buy much this year because we always have left-overs. And having the start of the Lunar New Year on a weekend, it really restricts us to not much weekends left for friends to come over. So we're not going to invite any this Lunar New Year because we're busy the next weekend and then the 15th day of the CNY celebrations ends the Friday after. 
And I'm not sure if it's just me or the same for everyone else, it seems like such a slow start to the Lunar New Year that there's no excitement at all! Well, guess we will all get there.....

No comments:

Post a Comment