Monday 6 March 2017

The hubs and I are on 1/2 day today because the girls' birthday party will be held during their tea-time at 3pm. We met at home, went to a nearby coffee shop for lunch and then went to collect her cake. We arrived in school early and so I had time to hang up a birthday bunting and add in another item the hubs had bought for the goody bags.

We have 7 items in the goody bag, too much in my opinion. K's first childcare centre discourages goody bags and in some way, I do too. So if we do give, I think we shouldn't over-do it because I have heard a child asked where is the goody bag at birthday parties. *rolls eyes*

Anyhow, we packed 2 types of crackers, a small packet of strawberry milk, a Kinder Bueno surprise egg, a pencil, a pack of 4 emoticon erasers and some kuti-kuti from her last birthday. 

The cake turned out very nice and we bought enough for all the children in the centre. Some even going for 2nd helping!
When her class was done eating, I got them to line up and had K hand them the goody bags. The girls in her class actually asked if she drew the stars and hearts and where I got the alphabet washi tape, which I taped the bag, from. Aiyo. Kaypoh la these K1s.

And then we took her out of school and brought her swimming! However, the swimming complex near our home, which has slides, a wave-pool. lazy pool and children's play area was closed for washing. So we drove further down to another public pool. Unfortunately, the lightning detector was switched on after we changed into our swim attire! And we had to wait for a good 45 minutes for the rain to stop. There was another time we came, the hubs and K barely dipped into the pool when it started pouring and they had to changed back into home clothes. 

K decided to wait out, which was quite fine for us since we are already there and were not in any rush. Finally, we did get a chance to play at the water-play area but I didn't get mine to swim. After the 45 minures or so wait, we ended the water-play 1/2 hour later, changed and went out for dinner. Lol....thankfully, the girl has no real understanding of time yet. She doesn't even realise today is her actual birthday although she knows this is her birthday month.

How I wish time would really slow down. How I wish I can have another baby. Hiaz.....wishes, let's just treasure what we have now.

No comments:

Post a Comment