Sunday 14 January 2018

I had a busy start of the year and thankfully was able to get almost everything done when Friday ended and I joined my colleagues to a bbq buffet at the Hyatt. 

The girl's abacus and ballet class started again on the first Saturday of the year and busy Saturdays start all over again for us. 

The 3 of us had the company of the eldest brother and SIL when we went on a week-long vacation to Khao Yai & Bangkok on the 2nd week of the New Year. Because we caught the first flight out and the girl had to wake up early and only took 1 short nap while in the vehicle from Bangkok to Khao Yai, she had a headache when we were out visiting sites. But I think she learnt a lesson, that is to rest and take her naps whenever possible. I hope she doesn't forget it that lack of sleep will have consequences. But having said this, I hope this is one-off although this was not the first time she has complained of a headache, and that she didn't get it from me. 

We enjoyed our holiday, if I may say so on behalf of the 5 of us. We fed alpacas, which looked better than the lone 1 we saw in Tokyo, visited a farm, walked into a sunflower field in bloom, visited the zoo where we had camels, zebras etc walking right beside our vehicle and had good food. Although I did some shopping, it wasn't enough in my own opinion. Bangkok is still a shopping paradise to me!
On our return flight, the hubs was surprised with a birthday cake presented to him by the crew, which I had earlier requested for. Although his reactions after that kind of pissed me off. Anyhow, we arrived home with very good weather which started apparently a day after the man's birthday while we were in Bangkok.
So we had a good week of holidays although I can't say I was very rested because I usually cram my itinerary with activities. But in my brother's words, we had a good mix, with something for everyone. 

Now let the the working year be just as good!

No comments:

Post a Comment