Sunday 13 May 2018

I made fried beehoon for lunch yesterday. My first attempt and the girl asked why isn't the noodles crispy if it is fried. *faint* The hubs gave me a passing mark but I think it's only so-so. I did not have cabbage and I reckon I used the wrong type of can meat. I used the lone capsicum in the fridge, bunapi mushrooms, a tomato and a can of pig trotters.
In the late afternoon, the hubs suggested going to Orchard for dinner on Saturday evening. When he asked if I had anywhere in mind, I suggested a mall near home and he sighed. To me, the malls here have everything, if not more! I do not even have to dress up to shop. But he wanted to go somewhere different so Orchard it was.

We took the express bus and it's been a long while since we stepped into Orchard. I think the last was when we brought the girl to see the Christmas light-up. For same reasons as above, there is no need to go there anymore to do shopping. K also took in a lot of sights, mainly the street buskers. Ever since we moved to the west and especially since we no longer drive, we hardly ever go to Orchard.

We ended up having dinner at a fusion Japanese restaurant which was only so-so. But for a child, it's exciting no less to visit a place we don't always go to. May she always have the joy of going out with us.

Today,we caught up with the eldest brother and SIL at Jurong East. We missed church today because I was in pain when I woke up. Somehow, the pain occured on my neck while sleeping and it didn't go away when I woke up. When I did get up, I told the hubs I wasn't feeling well and then had to throw up. But because my stomach was empty from having to empty my bowels earlier, all that came out was bile. The hubs made me eat some cake and 2 muscle relaxant before I went back to sleep. Thankfully, in about an hour's or so, I was better. And so we were able to make it to our lunch date with the 2 of them.

They came to our home to rest a bit before we left again about 5ish to M's home. At this point, M does realise it does get a little boring and lonely living on her own. Well, it's a pity it has to come so far for her to realise this. Hopefully, she still has her activities and friends to be occupied with. 

We had dinner with M, went up to her place to sit around a bit before we left.

No comments:

Post a Comment