Monday 9 July 2018

While we were eating out near the girl's school on Friday, her classmate passed by with her mum and kid brother. The girl called out to them and so I beckoned them over. The mum then asked if her daughter can come over and play with K. This mum is always asking. And since it's a Friday, we said ok.

They went to the market for their dinner and we went to look for them after ours at the western outlet. Although K's classmate was eating half-way, her mother suggested that she pack hers and bring it to our place to continue eating. I think I can speak for the hubs too when I say I will not disrupt my daughter's meal like that. I have said to let her finish her dinner but the mother says it's ok. Different strokes for different folks ya.

When we got home, we got K to shower first while her friend continued her dinner and then off they went to play. Having just the 2 of them were fine. But when the mother came over with her brother, it was crazy. K was trying to contain them in 1 room but they were toggling between the 2 and carrying toys from 1 room to the other. I could see K trying hard to manage it and every time they moved to the next room, she will switch off the fan and light. A little ocd like me here.

And on Saturday, after doing the house chores and not feeling up to cooking, I decided to meet the hubs who was waiting for the girl at Macdonald's and chatting with his friend who is a regular there as well. While waiting, Esther text me and said she wants to see the girl so I said sure. Who knew she happened to be in the same Macdonald's as we were but was sitting at a different area.

And so she gave the girl a surprise when we brought her down to Macdonald's for lunch after her Saturday classes. They continued playing at home and Esther followed us to ballet and joined us for dinner. We finally managed to use the meal vouchers we had and it's more worth it using it on Esther as she can eat a normal adult size portion now. So we got K a kid's meal instead. And then we bused home.

Having some inspiration to cook dinner on yesterday evening, I made a small meal of chicken chop with french beans, celery, oyster mushrooms, cherry tomatos and mixed vegetables for us. The adult version, followed by the kid's. Lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment