Friday 6 October 2017

I had to take the day off today for Children's Day, because it is my turn to do so. Anyhow, I made prior plans to meet up with a friend whose daughter and K used to be at the same childcare centre. Both families have since moved and our 2 girls naturally joined other centres. However, after an interesting chat I had with the 2 other SILs, I cancelled the plan and went to JB with them instead.

The youngest SIL, in ranking not by age, is the only one whose family still has a car. So she picked the 2nd SIL and son up before coming for K and myself at the train station. And because I did not know it was only about a 1/2 hour or less train ride to the meeting point, K and I took a walk into the turf club and caught the morning exercise but because the place was huge, the horse was pretty far out.

We went to a newly opened mall in JB and spent the whole day there, although I didn't buy much. Just a pair of sandals and milk powder. So the 2 cousins spent time together except for the 1 year old who still doesn't have much clue to what's happening. Just 3 ladies with 3 kids. So brave uh.

In the evening, the 2 SILs checked that the causeway was jammed and so the youngest SIL suggested we drop by her younger brother's as they were celebrating her niece's 12th birthday as well. So we had light dinner there and left about 8pm. And this time, they could send me back because we left by the Tuas checkpoint. 

Almost 12 hours in JB with the out-laws and our kids. It was nice. Our first and probably not the last. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment