Sunday 4 June 2017

We visited a book fair on Friday after dinner at the clubhouse. Thankfully it was not crowded, unlike the bookfairs which my father used to bring us when we were younger. There was also the IT fair going on which was pulling in the crowds. We ended buying 6 more activity books for K and will start her on them once we are done with the current lot. 

K enjoys doing them and in fact, always asks to do more when I say that we can stop. Although I've missed that age of 3-4 years where they say their brains are like sponges, I hope to be able to catch up on teaching her and having her get used to the idea of learning. Some children do not adjust well to formal education because doing homework and reading up is so foreign to them. Even K's childcare teacher shared the same thoughts as me. 

We had PTM on Saturday morning but the hubs was unable to join us because he had a course at work. On the whole, it is a good report and the teacher commented that K's memory is not what I thought it to be, thankfully. It was even indicated on the report, that she has good memory! (Whut?!)

We went for Mac breakfast, went home, ran through work with her, prepared lunch and then made her take her nap. The hubs, who was supposed to be on a course the whole day actually left half-way through and came home. So our train journey to ballet lessons had to be cancelled because the official chauffeur was back.

While waiting for K to finish her ballet, the hubs and I took a walk around the pasar malam beside the CC and then because of the hot, hot weather, I ended up getting a migraine. K wasn't any better. She had complained of a headache after waking up from her nap and didn't want to attend ballet. We did anyway and instead of going out, we drove back home after ballet. While she lied down, I did too and did it from almost 6pm to today. Although I did wake up for a short while in the evening to help the hubs a bit when K threw up. 

We woke up pretty early today because we all slept so early and I quickly put K's laundry to wash. Otherwise she will have no uniform come Monday. But the hubs decided we should not attend church because the girl was still feverish and complained of a headache especially when she walks. It was quite bad on Saturday when she cried and pounded her temples. Thankfully for me, I felt so much better.

In fact, we were able to attend the Victor's eldest daughter's 'confirmation' lunch although we were late. 

Came home late afternoon, rested a while and then we went IMM for dinner. Hopefully, the fever and headache goes away for K although she now complains about sore throat. Sigh....I blame it on the weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment