Friday 22 January 2016

I do not know why but I have been mentally planning for K's 4th birthday for the past week or so. It's not till a little more than a month to go but it's always good to know what to cook and play. And I'm excited! Lol....

We only 'celebrated' K's 3rd birthday in her previous childcare centre upon her request and the previous 2 years were mainly with Jeremy's family. We felt that it wasn't necessary to have all these fancy birthday parties. But this time round, I don't feel this way somewhat. Maybe because our new home is bigger and thus can accommodate more people. By the way, I had my birthday celebrated every year up till probably 10 years old? My mother was really a superwoman.

Anyway, I've created the guest list and this time, feel that I should just invite her 'peer's. Children who can relate better to each other. And this time, I plan to surprise her by inviting 2 of her friends from her previous childcare centre. 2 boys whom she still misses and always says she wants to see them. Thankfully, I'm in fairly constant contact with a girl's mom and she can get their mother's number for me. Just have to cross my fingers they turn up. I can just imagine the look of surprised happiness the sweetheart will have. My guest list consist of 6 children. 4 boys and 2 girls. But having said that, it would be 6 children and 2 times that number of adults, assuming both parents come along. That will be preparing food for 12 adults and 6 kids, not including the hubs, K and myself. So on 2nd thoughts, I shall keep the guest list that way.

I do not know what theme it will be. It'll likely be a mish mash of ideas. We actually bought a Barney pinata long time back, which has sort of faded but still serves it's purpose. I recently bought from a Taobao FB page 2 packs of Frozen goodie bag carrier. Well, maybe I won't have any theme but just simple decorations. 

I have ideas running through my mind on what to cook, what to play and what time to have her friends over. Anna is kindly sponsoring a rendang dish for the adults. I'm also trying my luck to have her sponsor the children's food. Anyway, the story with Anna will have to be a separate post. Anyhow, although it's just 6 kids, I hope everybody turns up!

No comments:

Post a Comment