Sunday 21 June 2015

We made the move back to our own crib yesterday morning. Although the hubs had Wednesday in his ideal plan, I thought Friday would be a better day. But since we have a young child, I realise it is not. Without K, we could have moved in on Friday and sort of roughed it out by sleeping over towels spread on the bed but of course we can't do it with her. 

Since Wednesday though, we have been moving our stuff bit by bit from the BIL's to our new home. But even on Saturday morning, we had such a load in the car that the car couldn't go very fast. We still have 1 box in the NIL's room as well as a stroller that they are passing on to K. 

The carpenter came over on Saturday morning to discuss on our shoe cabinet as well as the cabinet for the master bathroom. Sadly, he is not able to replicate the same design as the one we had in our previous home. That design is a class of it's own and we loved it so much. But what to do. No point thinking about it anymore. 

Then Jeremy, Ivy and Bev came over sometime before lunch at my invitation and we all went for lunch nearby. The town council is about a 7 minutes walk from our place and there are lots of mom & pop shops there, a hawker centre, a few coffee shops, a wet market, clinics and whole lot of other services. K's new childcare is another 10 minutes walk from there so it'll be a lot more convenient for me next time when I need to pick her up from school. 

We drove to the mall in the evening and I tell ya, there is Jem, Westgate, Big Box, JCube, IMM, we are spoilt for choice! We went to NTUC after dinner to buy an ironing board, my calcium intake which was missing for the past 2 months and some other stuff. Oh, we got ourselves a nice looking Philips rice-cooker too! But I'm not ready to start cooking yet though. I'm still very tired with lots of unpacking still to be done!

Jerry came over to our place after church today with Gideon and Esther. Ever the handy man that he is, he vacuumed K's playpen mattress, all her pillows and our existing pillows. He also helped fixed the water outlet from the washing machine to the tap and I could finally clear the backlog of clothes. I hope to be able to put everything in their place soon but there seem to be so much to do that I am overwhelmed. So overwhelmed that I am lost what to do next.

2 comments:

  1. how long is the drive from your house to the shopping malls? I quite like westgate..nice shopping mall :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's about 5 minutes drive away and if the hubs ever chooses to take the bus, it's about 2 bus-stops away. Almost like where you are at to Tiong Bahru Plaza. :)

      Delete