Monday 11 May 2015

The youngest SIL and I had a long chat last Friday which was especially so after the 2 brothers went off to bed. Before we knew it, it was past 2 in the morning and the 2 of us rushed to switch everything off to go to bed as she had to bring the nephew-in-law for early soccer training and I was heading to JB.

Yesterday evening, while waiting for the hubs to return from a wedding dinner, she and I chatted again. The youngest BIL had went off to bed and she was accompanying me while waiting for the hubs. 

Earlier, the youngest BIL mentioned to me about talking to his parents and that it was his mother's fault. Referring to us not moving to the PIL's new flat. I didn't bother with what he said and he didn't continue after. When the SIL and I were alone in the living area, she gave me the details.

They had brought the PILs out for Mother's Day lunch, intended to send them back to the 2nd BIl's where they are still staying at, when somehow the PILs ended up tagging along with them shopping and then dinner. They did go back to the the 2nd BIL's place though and that was when the 'discussion' happened. The FIL insisted that his son, my hubs, did not at all mention to him anything and that he was in for a shock when he received a phone message to tell him that we'll be moving in on a particular date. I do not know for sure if the hubs did check with the FIL on the possibility of moving in but according to the SIL, the MIL did say that she had promised the hubs and during  yesterday's discussion with them, insisted that she did tell the FIL about it.

I have reminded the hubs to check with the FIL as I knew the MIL, short of being useless, cannot be trusted and cannot make any decisions. I do not know what transpired between the 3 of them and I really cannot be bothered much as I have my own thoughts about them and true enough, my thoughts were confirmed. The SIL also shared that they have installed lights and grilles in their new flat. Coincidence or not, the timing to start their reno is exactly when I thought it will be and that is when we have settled our accommodation issue.

The MIL calls the youngest BIL almost everyday and recently asked why my hubs is not speaking to her. I wonder how long more. We missed a extended family gathering at the usual relative's house and I am hoping we can 'miss' more. Lol.....

No comments:

Post a Comment