Monday 16 February 2015

We visited a 3rd childcare centre on Saturday morning and although we were very comfortable with the principal, I think we're going with the first one that we visited. The one that has a public playground in front of it. Although the one we visited on Saturday only required us to buy a standard set of uniform, like K's current school, the distance was a little far. The bus-stop isn't too near either. Having the experience of sending K to school in the morning following the hub's surgery last year, I value nearby proximity. But, we'll have a little more time to mull over it as we'll probably only start her in the new centre in May.

On Saturday evening, the 3 of us went to the 2nd BIL's home for the hubs' side of their family reunion. We had planned to host it initially with a pot-luck gathering but somehow the FIL wanted to include their extended family, that is his sister's family, his SIL with her son and wife. Which is just as well as I can't cope with having too many people at my place and cleaning up after. We all enjoyed ourselves with a steamboat dinner and the hubs was assigned to buy a roast duck with the pre-CNY inflated price. The hubs prepared me mentally by telling me that it will be highly likely that next year's reunion will be held at our new home. As the new 3 room DBSS flat that the PILs have collected the keys to, is tiny.

And yesterday after church, the 3 of us went to Chinatown with Jeremy and Ivy. It was crowded but thankfully, there were pockets of space as well. The jelly flats that I had on, left me with huge blisters which I am still suffering from today.

Somehow, I do not have much of a mood for any CNY celebration this time. I haven't even change any notes yet. But of course like it or not, I'll have to participate in it, in 3 days time.

No comments:

Post a Comment